Thursday 22 March 2012

March 22nd, 2012

We've just finished watching John Bishop's Week Of Hell for Sport Relief....what a hero.  For those who don't know what it's about, John Bishop started off in Paris, cycled to Calais, rowed across the Channel then ran more than three marathons to get from Dover to London.

I just love these programmes, David Walliams' swim was equally as epic, it amazes me to see what people will do for other people.  I also find it puts things into context...here we all are complaining about the budget and what 37p on a packet of cigarettes will do, and there are orphaned children drinking water from a town's sewage.  It just kills me, if I could fly out there tomorrow and bring those kids back I really would - Angelina and Madonna would have nothing on me!

What these shows do motivate me to do is get up off my arse and do something.  There's two or three charities that I care a lot about, which I've had plans to fundraise for for a while, but in amongst every day life it just doesn't get done. So this year I'm determined to do it.  I won't say too much now but later in the year I shall be begging you all for your hard-earned cash so be warned!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment