Tuesday 24 January 2012

January 24th, 2012

Some people, Andy especially, might describe me as a little accident prone.  I'm not particularly absent-minded and doing things out of stupidity, I think I'm just one of those people that has that much going on in my head that I'm concentrating on a million things at once which leads to slip ups!

So on Sunday - Andy's Birthday - there I am getting ready to head out suit shopping.  Plugged in my curling iron (one of those Remington Pearl Wands) and left it heating up while I got ready.  Now, this Pearl Wand is a serious bit of kit, the default setting is 180 degrees, and long story short....I stood on it.



Surprisingly the burn doesn't look as bad as you'd expect but my goodness it hurts!  Got a nice stock of antiseptic cream, burns cream, dressings and surgical tape, and bandage to hold it all together...what an idiot!  At least I can get plenty of sewing done with my feet up though!!

http://www.lucyliz.co.uk/

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! I'm also accident prone, and I love your reasoning behind why it happens! That must be me too - I do walk round with a head full of all sorts of ideas. This week I burnt my finger on my woodburning stove and can't imagine how bad bigger burns are - this was about 1cm across and hurts for another 1cm all around it. It's still really sore. Hope yours isn't *too* bad and heals quickly. Enjoy the feet-up moments if you can x

    ReplyDelete