Tuesday 10 January 2012

January 10th, 2012

My reading for the next however long it takes!!   Yes, I am a new-found Harry Potter fan!


So many of my friends and family love Harry Potter, have read the books, seen the films, bought the Hogwarts scarf...personally I could never understand why!  Wrongly, I think I did judge HP by it's cover (literally, I guess!)  See, I can't stand films with child actors, they annoy the life out of me, the typical stage school child is just my worst nightmare and I had very much written the Potter films off as exactly that.

Andy on the other hand really likes them and convinced me to watch the first film (they were actually showing the first 7 films in order on BT Vision so it seemed as good a time as any to start!)  I was all revved up, had every sarcastic comment under the sun lined up, ready to fire at the TV.  The film started and I sat, quietly, waiting for my speech to start...and it didn't come.  I was thinking that actually it wasn't that bad, until the moment that Harry and Hagrid step onto Diagon Alley to buy Harry's school supplies - and that was it, hooked!! 

And you hand-made lot will agree with me I'm sure - how perfect is Diagon Alley for a handmade shop?!!!!  Just fabulous!

So that was that, watched all 7 films, then a few weeks back we got the box set of all 8 films which we watched over a few weeks, and for Christmas Andy got me this beautiful box of the books, so I can't wait to get started on those too!!

Who'd have thought I'd have converted so easily?!

No comments:

Post a Comment