Saturday 30 June 2012

June 30th, 2012

So we've just watched The Woman In Black....ohhhhh my god!!

Well if the intention was to scare the life out of me it succeeded 100%, I watched half of it through my fingers and the other half from inside my top!  In fairness, I don't know anyone that scares as easily as me, the slightest thing and I'm jumping out of my skin, but this one really had some moments in it!  It's not particularly graphic or anything though, it's definitely all psychological.

Oddly though, that's my favourite kind of film - as me to choose my favourite films from our DVD collection now and I'd be choosing films like The Sixth Sense, The Number 23, Room 1408, Red Dragon...I love them, anything that's clever rather than gory I'd choose any day, and once it's over I'll rant about how brilliant it was, but during I'm an absolute wreck!

Very interesting to see Daniel Radcliffe in something other than Harry Potter, though at times a good petronus charm would have done him the world of good!  Must say though, we felt he was mis-cast in that role.  Don't get me wrong, he did an amazing job of the role he was given, but for me he was just way too young to pull it off.  For those who haven't seen it, his character is a lawyer who is a widower and has a 4 year old son, and he just doesn't look old enough for it to be believeable, he looks more like the little boy's older brother.

The other "problem" with Daniel Radcliffe playing the role is that, from what we've heard, the film was a lot more frightening to begin with but they edited it to within an inch of it's life so that the Harry Potter audience ( who are still fairly young ) were old enough to go and see it.  I can't comment really as I've not read the book, but I can see how they'd end up doing that - not that I'm complaining, I couldn't have coped if it was any worse!!!

Now I have to try and sleep, in this dark house...!

No comments:

Post a Comment