Wednesday 6 June 2012

June 6th, 2012

There's nothing worse than the first day back at work after time off is there?!  Actually I shouldn't complain, only had to do one day and I'm done until next week, so it could be worse!

We've just watched Rolf Paints The Diamond Jubilee, ohh it was fab!  For anyone who didn't see it, Rolf Harris got a group of artists together in the Old Vic Tunnels and got them to paint images to represent the Queen and the Jubilee across the 6 decades.  It was so inspiring...I find now that I create to earn, I make bags and purses all with the intention of selling them for profit, and it makes me sad that I don't seem to paint or draw just out of the love of it any more, everything I do is done with a product in mind.

So, I'm going back to creating for fun, I shall have a hobby!  Even making things just to frame and enjoy them, I've got to get out of this "business" head and find the passion and love for art that got me started in the first place, starting tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment