Tuesday 7 February 2012

February 7th, 2012

It's a funny thing, as soon as I properly moved out of my Mum's house to live with Andy (even though I'd unofficially been here for years!) there's certain things that I found myself caring more about in order to be independent, a good housekeeper and wife to be...those funny little things that don't seem important at the time but actually you really care about, and top of the list...decent Yorkshire Puddings!!

I was determined to get the hang of decent Yorkshires, my Mum had them right every week, I think there's some skills that you only obtain the minute you become a Mum, it's like your brain won't let you learn them until you're a parent!   But today, thanks to two top tips, I feel I may have cracked the issue of my puddings!!  Though I will say that the pic doesn't do justice to the height of them!

Seeing as I'm in a good mood, here's my two top tips for decent puddings - tip 1, shamelessly stolen from Kirstie's Handmade Britain, don't make puddings in the middle two spaces in the tin.  It's something to do with the distribution of heat but they rise better if those two are empty.

Tip 2, which came from someone I work with - use two eggs instead of one.  One cup of flour, one cup of milk and two eggs.  Don't aske me how or why, it just works!!!!

Happy cooking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment