Saturday 11 February 2012

February 11th, 2012

Such an exciting day today!!  A couple of weeks ago Andy and I went to a wedding fair and ended up booking an appointment with a Savile Row bespoke suit tailor.  Today we went to the appointment and we're going ahead with the order!

I honestly can't tell you how at  home I was there, at first the lovely man didn't know what I do for a living so he was talking to us about the importance of not only the pieces being handmade, but the detail too, how every button hole is cut and sewn by hand...he was wonderful!  Of course this won't be coming cheap but Andy is coming away from this with a beautiful, made-to-measure, handmade suit which will last a lifetime, and you can't put a price on that!


On a side-note, while we were there the man did ask what I do, and I told him.  I had one of my own bags with me (obviously) and he asked to look at it....ohhh the pressure!  I reluctantly handed it over - I put a hell of a lot of time into my work but Savile Row it isn't! - but I'm relieved and proud to say that he absolutely loved it, which was quite a pat on the back for me!

Very good day!!!

http://www.lucyliz.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment