Thursday 16 February 2012

February 16th, 2012

What a day!  Mum came down on the train this morning and, armed with the Sat Nav, we set about wedding dress shopping.  Tried a few more on but I'm absolutely certain I know which one I want, typically it's the first one I loved in the first shop!

As Andy will vouch for, things with me and my Mum never go smoothly, our lives are like one long comedy routine, only it's only funny for everyone else!  And today was no exception.  Having raced back to Manchester Piccadilly, almost killing us twice, my Mum missed her train home to the north east by the skin of her teeth.  She was quite happy to wait an hour for the next one but there's no way on this earth I was leaving my lovely Mum sitting in that station, alone, to then do her journey, so we jumped in the car and I drove her back as far as Scotch Corner...she isn't waiting around on my watch!

So my less than an hour return trip to drop her at the station turned into a 5 and a half hour one, the things you do for your Mum!!!




http://www.lucyliz.co.uk/

1 comment:

  1. A late visitor from Handmade Monday - enjoyed reading all your posts this week so far - how do you get the time! The little London bag is lovely, and you are lovely driving your mum all that way back.
    Jo x
    PS - Mars bar ice-creams are the best!

    ReplyDelete