Thursday 31 May 2012

May 31st, 2012

Ohhh dear...I have a poorly sewing machine :(

I think it was heading towards needing a service anyway but I've well and truly pushed it over the edge!  I think it was doing those thick canvas bags I was on about, they were too thick so I had to really pull them through the machine and I think I've pulled the machine out of line with itself, the needle is hitting the metal plate and snapping, so mid-stitch there's an almighty bang and a metal needle goes flying - not nice!

This happened once before when I was doing embroidery on some hand-made felt, actually it really knocked my confidence on the machine.  The bang is so heavy and you're right on top of it so it's quite un-nerving to start stitching again, you're poised waiting for the next bang!

So off to the doctors it's going, hoping it won't be away for too long, or too expensive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment